This question, submitted by a financial analyst from London, United Kingdom.
I have 10 years experiences with the financial service and I\'m stuck.
I can\'t find job for now 9 months, i don\'t know what is wrong with my cv and i feel maybe it\'s the certification but i thought experience was more important then certification, can you please advice in this area.
1. Can you get a certification, test, support for the course you are doing?
2. Do you provide any extra course separate from this one like Excel VBA, SQL?
3. Can you get advice base on your CV what to do next?
4. Can you get advice on which course is best for you to do, I am a Data Analyst?
5 Can you get advice about other course you can do but your company may not provide it?
6. How is the course run , is it you log anytime online and carry the course? do you have a time limit to completely or any restraint of number of hours to do or you can do the course as much you like?
7.What happen after you finish it? any continue training?
8. Does your company provided six Sigma training?
9. Can you please tell me if experience is better seeing than certification?
Q. #9: Is Experience Better Than Certifications?
Yes, your experience and not your certifications or educational experience is the most important thing on your resume.Why are certifications so valuable to employers?
- Certifications can be gamed by candidates who are willing to steal cheat sheets in other to pass an exam!
- Certification exams can be passed by cramming and memorizing the examination without having any real understanding.
- Certifications test your ability to memorize and repeat the answers to a problem and not your practical ability or real-world competence at solving problems in your industry.
- Employers hire based at proven competence or past successes at solving the problems in your industry.
- Some certifications have a very narrow focus ... that of proving your competency in the vendor\'s tools. Learning how to use a vendor\'s tool (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.), except for computer programmers, may not be sufficient to get the job done!
Even in situations where the employer lists a certification requirement, they still end up bypassing the certification requirements for candidates with proven, real-world abaility!
On the other hand, regardless of how certified you are, you will find it hard to get a job without the requisite experience!
Why Can\'t I Have A Job When I have Experience?
On the other hand, if you have 10 years of financial industry experience
and you feel stuck at your job, then you don\'t have teh right type of experience.
That brings me to a valuable point: "It is the quality of your experience that matters and not the quantity of your experience"!
- It is not the number of years of experience that really matters but "the number of years of quality experience"!
- It is your experience in sought-after, highly valuable skills that matters and not your experience in dead beat technologies!
- The quality of your experience depends on the amount of exposure and sharpness of your skills. In other words, having 2 years of experience in a cutting-edge technology is more important than having 10 years of obsolete, dead-beat technology experience!
Here is a perfect example. There are thousands of mainframe technologists that are looking for work, stuck in their careers or retrenched because they are unable learn a cutting-edge skill like Csharp (C#) or SQL Server.Though these mainframe technologists have 10 to 20 years of experience, they are behind the technology curve and so their skills are obsolete and their experience is no longer valued in the marketplace!
So, if you feel you have tons of financial data analysis experience and yet you feel stuck in your job ... then there is a good chance that you are behind the technology curve in your industry!
Testing & Certifications In Online Training
- Q. #1: Can you get a certification, test, support for the course you are doing?
A. In the data analysts boot camp, we test your skills and learning as you progress through each lesson (module) in our training courses.
A score (grade) is assigned after the completion of each lesson and all your scores are completely available to you your score card which also functions as your online transcript.
You have on-going support, help and training from instructors as you walk through the assignments, quizzes or video lessons through a HelpDesk / Discussion Module that allows you to post questions or request for help for the instructor.
At the end of the training, you will have an online transcript that shows your grades in all the lessons and you will also be awarded a completion certificate.
- Q. #2: Do you provide any extra course separate from this one like Excel VBA, SQL?
A. The Data Analysts Boot Camp includes courses on Relational Database Design, Development and Sql Query Writing Training.
If you want to learn a programming language like VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), you may want to consider the software developers boot camp online training program.
- Q. #3: Can you get advice base on your CV what to do next?
A. Rewrite your resume to focus on the most valuable skills in your industry.
Rewrite your resume to minimize skills and experience that are no longer valuable because they can actually disqualify you by making your profile look like that of someone that is behind the technology curve!
- Q. #4: Can you get advice on which course is best for you to do, I am a Data Analyst?
A. The Data Analyst Boot Camp is a handson, step by step, beginner to advanced online training program for data analysts.
You may consider enrolling in the data analyst course or hire us to review your resume and coach you on what steps you need to take to advance your career.
- Q. #8: Can you get advice about other course you can do but your company may not provide it? Does your company provided six Sigma training?
A. We do not provide online Six Sigma training at this time but we may be coming up with a Six Sigma coaching soon.
- Q. #6: How is the course run , is it you log anytime online and carry the course? do you have a time limit to completely or any restraint of number of hours to do or you can do the course as much you like? What happen after you finish it? any continue training?
A. Yes, you can login anytime online and take the course.
Yes, you can take as much or as little time with each course.
Yes, you may login and watch all the videos in your training program after the course is completed or use the videos as a reference for work or professional purposes for some time after you complete the training.
- Here is a summary or an overview of the data analyst boot camp